Thursday, April 8, 2010

Kay




I am having very mixed feelings about Emily's expanding vocabulary. It's nice that she's able to tell me what she wants, but sometimes, being able to talk does not help her cause.

Her new favorite thing to say is 'kay'. The problem is, she's not saying because she means it, she's saying it because she knows that's what I want to hear. She's way too smart for her own good.

Here are some examples of recent conversations: "Emily, stop pulling the movies out!" "Kay" (A minute later she's doing it again.) Later that day: "Emily, can you go find your blanket please? It's nap time." "Kay". (Wanders off and comes back a few minutes later without her blanket and then screams when I try to put her in bed.) After nap time, "Emily, no more candy." "Kay....Mom, candy?" "I just told you, no more." "Kay....Mom, candy?"

It was really cute, the first few times, now...it's not so adorable anymore.

No comments: