Along with turning that monster in, I will also be starting at a new school on Monday. BYU has us teach at two different schools during our student teaching, once in a lower grade and once in an upper grade. I have to say that while I'm sad to leave the school I was at, I'm so glad to be going to an older grade. I'm still not positive, but I'm starting to think that I'm not cut out to teach the younger grades. I just can't handle how sensitive they are! I also feel like half of what I say goes right over their heads some days. So, I'll be trying my hand at 5th grade again. We shall see how it goes. Right now, I'm mostly just excited that I get to spend the next little while observing, which will mean that after school will be my time and I'll be able to catch up on some things....hopefully. Being pregnant is dang exhausting, so right now I'm tempted to just catch up on my sleep. Unfortunately, work and house cleaning are calling my name.
PS - Does anyone have any good costume suggestions? I really did not want to dress up for Halloween as I don't have money to spend on a costume or time to make one, however I will probably have to wear something to school on Friday. Being pregnant also makes this more difficult. So, I am open to any and all suggestions! Emily is going to be Abby Cadabby (a fairy in training from Sesame Street), but I can't think of a Sesame Street character I can be, so I can't really go for the family theme.
2 comments:
When I was 8 months pregnant, I went as a pregnant mummy...very punny, huh? I got some used sheets from DI for a couple bucks, tore them into 4 inch strips and wrapped my body with them. Super easy and funny. You can see pics on my blog if you want.
Hope you are doing well!
good luck with everything
Post a Comment