I've been meaning to blog forever, so this is going to be another one of those random, long posts. I have about 4 different posts written in my head, I just haven't had the time to put any of them on here! First, I would just like to draw your attention to the pregnancy tracker on your right. I have less than 100 days left!!!!! I know, that's still a lot of days, but the end is getting closer. The only unfortunate part of that is that the baby is still completely breach. He has not moved one inch the entire pregnancy. Hopefully he'll decide to move himself soon because my bladder cannot take much more of this.
The next blog post that's floating around in my head is about how my baby has suddenly been replaced by a toddler. When did that happen!? She is getting so big and learning so many new things. This morning I grabbed the tray off her high chair to go put some breakfast on it and rather than following me around, like normal, Emily went over and climbed right up into her high chair. She's so tiny, but it apparently is not going to stop her from getting where she wants to be.
We went to her 18 month check-up last week and the doctor said that everything is looking good. She's still ridiculously small (25% for height and .5% for weight) but she is clearly not malnourished, so oh well. Her doctor also decided to tell me that I should start potty training her. He noticed how conscious she is of her diaper and the fact that it needs to be changed and said that even though she's really young, we could probably succeed in potty training. This morning I got her up and she pointed right to her clean diapers and said, "This!". I grabbed her a diaper and set her down. She laid right down, ready to be changed. She was only wet, but apparently it needed to be changed now. I tend to think her doctor might be right, but I just can't do it right now. She's with babysitters all day, so I would basically be forcing them to potty train her for me and clean up all the messes that go with it. We also still have to transition to the toddler bed. (I was starting to get sick from lack of sleep, so we went back to the crib and decided to try again later.) Maybe we can potty train after the baby gets here.
The final post that's all written in my head is about my birthday. It was so much fun. I have an amazing husband. He kept everything a secret from me, until the night before when he told me that I was going to get a pedicure after I got home from school. That was awesome. Pedicures are one of those things that I love, but never do for myself. My friend Amy met me there part way through and it was fun to just sit and talk. When we were done, her husband Dave came to pick us up and take us back to our house, where Jacob had made a delicious dinner of spaghetti and garlic bread. Dave and Amy stayed to celebrate with us, which was really fun and Emily had been sent to play with some other friends, so it was a nice, quiet evening. We ate spaghetti, watched Bride Wars, ate cake (that Jacob made) and ice cream and relaxed. On top of all that, Jacob also got me a beautiful new maternity dress and an absolutely gorgeous coat. It was a great day.

My fancy new dress

I have the white one! It's actually pretty awesome, it's not maternity and doesn't look big, but will probably button over my belly for most of the pregnancy.
1 comment:
Happy late b-day! And yeah for pedicures! Justin found a coupon for a nail place, so I'm going to get one for my b-day in a few weeks. Glad to hear everything's good with you guys :) Wish we lived closer to each other!
Post a Comment