I kid you not, this is just a small sampling. I really don't know why we buy presents for babies. The wrapping paper is far cooler than the gift. Actually, she has quite enjoyed all her new things now that the distraction of the paper is gone. She got spoiled with toys and books and clothes.
Jacob and I also got spoiled this Christmas. Foremost, we really got to see the spirit of Christmas in action. It's not something you often think about, to be on the recieving end on Christmas giving. Typically at Christmas we try to think about what we could do to help others. I have to admit, that I wasn't very good at that this Christmas. I got stuck in the rut of thinking of all the help I could use and thinking that I had nothing useful to contribute to others. In fact, I'm still not sure if I actually did anything for anyone this Christmas. With an attitude such as this, it's a miracle that I didn't just get a lump of coal. However, the Lord knows what we need and when we need it.
This Christmas, we had two secret Santa's. About a week before Christmas, we found a gift for each of us and a family gift sitting on our doorstep, with only a smily face on the "From" line. We were feeling pretty blessed right there and felt even more blessed when we opened them on Christmas day to discover some rather nice gifts.
As if this wasn't more than enough, at 10 pm on Christmas Eve, someone doorbell ditched us. A difficult task as we live on the 3rd floor of a very open stairwell. On our doorstep was a huge box full of very practical gifts, such as paper towels and baby snacks, mixed in with some fun ones like a game and candy. This is amazing to me, that someone would basically spend the time and money to do my grocery shopping for me, picking up some luxury items that I don't purchase for myself, and then taking the time to wrap and anonymously deliver all of it.
Though Christmas has come and gone, I wanted everyone to know that the spirit of Christmas is definitely still alive and that the Lord is looking out for all of us. He gives us blessing whether we deserve them or not and he does know exactly what we need. He answers our prayers, even the ones we don't know to say.
1 comment:
Thanks for that! I know that I'm blessed so much, and sometimes it takes big things to make me realize it. I hope you had a wonderful holiday season! Love ya!
Post a Comment