Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Adventures

We've had a couple of fun adventures in the past week. One of the funnest being our oven breaking. Alright, so that just made life difficult, not so much fun. I'm running out of crockpot ideas, so hopefully we'll have a new oven soon. Now, on to the things that were actually fun.



Thanksgiving Point

Last Tuesday we went on a group date to the Thanksgiving Point Gardens. If any of you haven't been there, I would highly recommend it. It is absolutely beautiful. Emily slept through a good portion of it, but seemed to like what she did see!


The Group

Piggyback Ride!


Birthday Party

On Saturday we got to go to a birthday party for Jacob's niece and nephew. Their mother is so creative and adorable, so it was a very fun party. Emily even got to ride a pony and see a bunny. Alright, so she really couldn't have cared less about either, but she looked cute on the pony! Clarissa stayed far away from the ponies, thus managing to only have minor allergy problems.


Cowgirl

....huh, ok whatever


Our last adventure this week has been introducing Emily to solid foods. She liked the rice cereal and we were just impressed that she eats it. Then we tried bananas....holy cow. She could not get enough. She would suck on her fingers between bites to try to get food off of them, ate an entire banana and cried when it was gone. It was hilarious. I think carrots will be next on the list....hopefully I can convince her that bananas are not the only good food in the world. Especially since that was the only banana I had. The rest got sacrificed in the banana bread that got ruined to prove to me that my oven has problems.

Rice Cereal

Bananas! Stop with the pictures! I'm eating!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate to tell you this, but after bananas, good luck trying to get her to eat vegetables!!! Hopefully you'll be a lucky mother who's child likes everything. :)
I can't believe how big she is. She's adorable! I haven't forgotten about coming there, I just haven't found a good time yet. But, I will! I'll call you soon, I hope! :P

Unknown said...

that should be "whose" not "who's"