As of the last week and a half, I now spend my days teaching small children. Sort of. Their normal teacher is still there and we take turns teaching the lessons. I'm in a class of very active 2nd graders. They are good kids...most of the time...but they sure do wear me out. I never realized that it was going to be so physically exhausting to be a teacher. Of course, teaching for the first time while being 9 months pregnant is probably not helping. No, in all reality it's way fun. The kids are adorable and I'm learning a ton. I am going to know so much about Spiderman by the end of this month, it's ridiculous. There's a little boy in the class who is autistic and absolutely brilliant. He reads and remembers everything....and tells me all about it. So far I've learned all about Pirates of the Caribbean, Spiderman and how to play blackjack. So, during the past few weeks, these are some of the lessons I have learned:
1. Kids are smart, even if they don't know it
2. I can't handle drama queens (seriously, almost any other kind of kid I can handle, but the little drama queens drive me nuts!)
3. Small bribes work wonders
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah, kids are smart. . . even 3-year-olds. Just wait until they're your own! Then you will really see how "smart" they can get! :) I hope you're enjoying teaching and getting ready be a mommy!
Post a Comment