I'm sorry, but there were just too many good pictures from our trip. I am not even putting half of them on here.
For fall break this year we went to see the Beckstead's in Henderson! It just happened that Jacob's 10 year class reunion fell during our fall break, so that was awesome and we decided to go. Tickets were purchased and plans were made....and then they changed the location of the reunion from a nice golf club to a bar on Freemont Street. No thank you. I don't feel any need to pay $90 to watch people get drunk. So, we got our money for the tickets back and decided to go to Henderson anyway and just hang out with our family! (It turned out to be a good decision. We heard later on that the reunion was very uncomfortable.)
We got there Thursday morning and after a little unpacking and recuperating from the drive, we headed out to the pumpkin patch!
I must say that I was so proud of Miss Emily. She is usually the world's biggest chicken, but she climbed right up this first slide with no complaint and had a blast!
This one was too little, so he wandered around a lot.
He did get to go in the bounce house, which he was very unsure about at first, but ended up having fun later on.
She even went on rides without being scared!
Aww...they're so cute.
And they were done with the pictures. William is sitting behind the goat (sheep?) playing with the hay.
The next day we went to visit some of Jacob's friends that we haven't seen since our wedding. It was nice to see them again!
That day was also the Homecoming parade, carnival and football game, which we did participate in.
They were having a 'cousin train' on their way to the parade. :)
This is how William felt about the parade, and pretty much everything from this point forward. The poor kid is definitely a home-body.
I don't know that my kids have ever been to a parade before, so they loved seeing everything and especially loved getting candy!
Of course, their favorite part was seeing Aunt Rachel with the marching band!
We battled the crowds at the carnival, which was a little on the lame side, but the kids got their faces painted,
played bean bag toss (which resulted in more candy),
and loved seeing the Army guys and their cool trucks! They even got Army water bottles that they are still loving.
The football game was quite the adventure. It was the most crowded high school football game I have ever been to and it took us at least 15 minutes (if not more) to find a place we could sit. We almost gave up. Fortunately, we found a place before the marching band performed! Jacob did end up running into a former classmate and got field passes, so we could sit on the field, by the end zone. We decided against that option.
On Saturday we had a slow morning and then had some fun with crafts and cookies! Grandma found a cute idea on Pinterest, so we all painted glass jars for Halloween!
Emily made the yellow minion and the white girl (Mavis, from Hotel Transylvania), Edward made the pumpkin on the left and the ghost right next to it (the other side of the ghost is completely black because that ghost is sleeping), Jacob made the small Frankenstein in the middle and I made the pumpkin on the right.
Sadly, I did not get a picture of Grandpa Richie's awesome Jack Skellington jar.
The kids also loved making sugar cookies!
Eddie even managed to get both Grandma's helping him.
After that we headed out for some fresh air at the park.
William wandered around the entire time. I followed him as he did not want his shoes on and has no regard for streets or sharp rocks or bathrooms.
I know this one is blurry, but I just couldn't leave it out! They were showing Eddie and Tyler how to pump.
On Sunday we went to church and then packed up and came home! (With much more stuff than we arrived with, thanks to Amelia, Grandma and Rachel cleaning out toys that have been outgrown over there. We are still in 7th heaven over here with new costumes, trains, a game boy, legos, etc. It's like Christmas in October!)
No comments:
Post a Comment