He can do it himself. It doesn't matter if the task is physically impossible for a person his size, he does not need your help. Especially if your name happens to be Mom. If your name is Dad, your help might be grudgingly accepted, but Mom? Forget about it.
Sometimes this comes in handy, like his ability to do his breathing treatment on his own, even when he's asleep. Most of the time, it is just a pain. So far this morning, we've had one temper tantrum because he couldn't get the empty cereal box in the garbage can, one because he couldn't unload the dishwasher on his own, a couple because he couldn't get undressed himself and get himself up into the bathtub, one because I helped him get washed, one big one because I put his diaper on and that pretty much sums up everything we've done this morning. He still doesn't have clothes on because he doesn't want my help. It's fun.
Fortunately, Dad was home long enough this morning to get him breakfast, so he did get food. He likely wouldn't have eaten it if I'd gotten it for him.
He spent most of yesterday in temper tantrum mode, due to being dressed for church, having to share crayons and coloring books with his sister during church, needing his own hymn book, etc. Of course, his nursery leaders said he was a perfect angel during class....and then yelled and screamed because he couldn't get in the truck by himself.
The poor kid knows what he wants, he just needs to be about two feet taller and a lot more coordinated.
2 comments:
It may not be funny for you, but I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your little mr independent! So darling! And soooo true! Good luck with this phase. It's a good thing they're cute huh?
Ah, I'm right there with you! Good luck!
Post a Comment