Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Weekend Away



Last week was our 5 year anniversary. It's kind of crazy that we've been married that long, but on the other hand, I can hardly remember what single life was like. We didn't do anything on the actual day of our anniversary, because I was attending the 5th grade musical at school. (They did fantastic, by the way.)Jacob told me that we would do something over the weekend to make up for missing it.

I really should know my husband well enough by now to know that when he says something like 'over the weekend', he means the whole weekend.

We went out to the Radisson at Fort McDowell, to spend a wonderful weekend relaxing. It was so nice to not be on a schedule and to just relax! Jacob was thoughtful enough to schedule a pedicure for me, so I guess we did have one thing on the schedule! We spent the weekend swimming, reading our books and even went to a movie. It was fantastic to get away from reality for a few days! The hotel was really nice and I would definitely recommend it.

Our one funny story for the weekend was dinner on Saturday. We decided to go to the hotel's very nice restaurant. The room came with $75 of resort credit, so why not? We were looking forward to a really nice, peaceful dinner. The restaurant was definitely everything we expected; very nice atmosphere, amazing food (seriously, one of the best meals I've ever eaten).

About half way through our meal, a group of guys came in, looked like they were right off the golf course, and told the waitress that they needed a table for 11, preferably in a corner because they were going to be very loud and obnoxious. Since the restaurant wasn't very big, there really was no such thing as a secluded corner. You could see the instant panic attacks of the faces of the waitresses. They got them seated as far away from everyone else as they could, when the next group walked in. About 20 guys, fresh of the golf course and drunk out of their minds. Turns out, they had a reservation and were supposed to be seated outside, but it was windy so they asked to be seated inside....in a corner, since they were going to be loud and obnoxious. I felt so bad for the staff! Fortunately, we were almost done, so we got a mostly peaceful dinner! It was really rather amusing.

My husband is so good to me. I definitely needed a break from life! I'm so blessed to be married to him and am looking forward to the years to come!

1 comment:

Jessica Biscuit said...

aww, that makes me happy. I always knew I liked jacob :)