Thursday, March 11, 2010

March Madness

I did so good at blogging in February and have really fallen behind in March. This month has been pretty crazy so far and it's not going to slow down for at least a few more days! It's funny, I feel like I do nothing for weeks and then run around like a mad woman for the next few weeks. So, here's what you've missed so far in the month of March:

March 4th: We had the funeral of my Great-Grandma Hadley, who passed away February 26th. She was 92 years old. It was sad to see her go, but not unexpected. It was a time of very mixed emotions. I will definitely miss her, but I'm so happy for her that she gets to be healthy again. She was always very spunky and very busy, so it's been hard to see her the past few years, she was just not herself.

March 6th: My family was here for the funeral, so we spent Saturday with them. We started out at Great-Grandma Hadley's helping to clean her house. After a few hours, some of us went back to Grandma Davis' house while my Dad, Jacob and the older boys stayed to continue cleaning. We just hung out and enjoyed ourselves and had a mini birthday party for my Grandma in the evening.




March 8th: Happy Birthday Jacob! Jacob is officially a quarter of a century old. My morning was crazy, but it all worked! Due to the funeral, I was completely unprepared for his birthday when it got here. But, I think it all turned out well! I managed to get him a few presents, fix a nice dinner and rent a movie. (I rented X-Men Origins: Wolverine, which I hadn't seen before and we just finished watching it last night. I can't stay awake past 10 anymore.)

His favorite present is his new iPod Touch that he's been having fun playing with. I was very proud of myself for finding a nice one on KSL and arranging to purchase it from the seller. I made Jacob come with me to buy it, which turned out to be a good thing. The seller turned out to be at 15 year old, whose parents didn't know he had listed his iPod. They were fine with it as he was apparently selling everything he owned to buy a BMX bike. I'm sure they weren't happy when they found out how cheap he's sold it for though. When I agreed to the very low price, I assumed I was talking to an adult who knew what they were doing. I felt kind of bad taking it, but if I hadn't I'm sure he would have just sold it to someone else!

March 9th: Another busy day, but with less exciting things such as going to the library (and forgetting my card), enrichment...sorry, Relief Society (every time I get used to calling it one thing, they change it on me!) and moving ATV's for a friend.

March 10th: Family pictures! (Coming soon to facebook.) Of course, when you schedule picture day, the toddle inevitably does not have a nap and is very grouchy. (Though why she also has to cover her room in poo while she's not having a nap, I don't understand. If anyone knows why she's doing this repeatedly, please let me know.) It was stressful, but we got some good pictures and it's over.

March 11th: Today is Edward's two-month check-up with the doctor. Hopefully all will go well!

Future Madness: We're blessing Edward on Sunday and I'm not ready at all! We're also having a celebration of his blessing and Emily and Jacob's birthdays, which I have yet to think about! This is going to be fun...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, you have been busy. I hope the blessing/parties went well. I can't wait to see pictures.