
Emily's new favorite thing to do is to run away from Mom. In the case of this picture she is actually hiding under her bed, but in most cases she just settles for running away. The problem is that she is usually doing it when I am trying to change her diaper, or get her dressed, or comb her hair. She's too big for me to just hold her down with one hand while I change her with the other. She's strong enough that I can't really force her to stay there. I also can't distract her with toys because she's smart enough to know that if she gets away from me she can play with anything she wants. So, any suggestions from all you moms out there? How do I get her to hold still at least long enough for me to change her? I'd be happy with just that. She can continue having messy hair until the phase passes, but I can't really just leave her diaper alone. Any tips or tricks?
2 comments:
I don't really have any tips but she is absolutely adorable!
Both of my boys were like that (Derik still is sometimes) but you just have to put your foot down and punish them if they don't do what you ask them to. Unfortunately, at her age, she probably doesn't quite understand consequences. Good luck!
Post a Comment