Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving we traveled down to Nevada to spend the holiday with the Beckstead family. It was a great vacation, despite the sleep deprivation. Emily didn't sleep much and when she was asleep, she was usually in the middle of our bed taking up as much space as possible. I don't know how people sleep with their kids, it drove me crazy. However, it was nice to be able to see the family and get out and do some fun things like looking at Christmas lights, seeing a mermaid and braving a few of the day after Thanksgiving crowds. (The mermaid was in the fish tank at the Silverton Casino, the little kids thought it was way cool. I don't know what Emily would have thought because she was asleep and I wasn't about to change that.) The shopping crowds weren't too terrible, but that could have something to do with the fact that I only went to 2 stores and just observing rather than actually shopping. It was also good for the beautiful reason of eating ourselves sick on Thanksgiving day. Really, what would the holiday be without that?




Emily and her new cousin Tyler. She really wanted to play with him....or squish him, it's pretty much the same thing for her. After the picture taking was over, she had to play from a distance.


Looking at the lights at Ethel M's chocolate factory

Alright, so these two aren't mine. This is Ben and Kara, Jacob's older brother's kids, but the picture was just too cute, I had to put it up.

The mermaid

1 comment:

The Barber Bunch said...

Re: HALLELUJAH!
Ok, so I don't know if the toy is really all that great, it just took me so long and so much trouble to get it so I'm excited :) Cailen absolutely loves music though and loves to play on the pianos at his grandparents houses. So I figure he'll love his own too. That's all the hype I can think of!!