Thursday, July 31, 2008

Week of Craziness

Last week was insanely crazy, but very fun. For various reasons, both of our families were here from out of town, so we were definitely not lacking for things to do. Here are the highlights for you:


Monday - Clarissa and Emily woke up bright and early and went to work with Jacob. Clarissa's Dad met them there and took them up to Bountiful to spend the day with the family at Grandma Davis'. Turns out, Jacob joined them about an hour later since they didn't have hardly any patients at work that day. We spent the day playing at the park and fixing Grandma's plumbing (or rather, the guys fixed the plumbing).


Tuesday - This was the one day that Clarissa and Emily got to mostly stay at home. Our one outing was for Clarissa to go and learn about her new calling as the Relief Society secretary. Strange huh? Especially since I'm pretty sure I'm the youngest person in the whole ward. It's a little overwhelming, but I think it's going to be a good thing.


Wednesday - Again, we all left early in the morning and this time Jacob dropped Clarissa and Emily off at Derek and Brandi's house on his way to work so they could spend the day hanging with his family. We went on a fun adventure to The Quilted Bear and mostly just hung out.


Thursday - The 24th of July! Today we got to revive an old Hadley family tradition of going to the Bountiful carnival. It was fairly little kid oriented this year, so we spent all our money on food, which was marvelous. Afterward we had a barbeque with some of the family and set off a few fireworks. Oh, and played with the neighbor's baby guinea pigs for a few minutes. I must admit, they were pretty darn cute. I'm actually kind of sorry that I'm allergic to them. I know, random thing to be allergic to.






Friday - A marvelous day that we spent with a couple of our adopted families. Our very good friends, Dave and Amy, were married in the Salt Lake Temple and we were lucky enough to be able to attend their sealing. That evening we got to see a lot of friends at the reception and revel in the general happiness that accompanies the marriage of two amazing people.








Saturday - We again left home bright and early, this time to head up to Heber for the Hadley Family Reunion. We were at a pretty nice girls camp owned by the church that had all kinds of wild life all over the place. Unfortunately, we missed seeing the moose and her baby that were around in the morning. We did have a great time canoeing on the lake though. Jacob and Scott found great joy in splashing and ramming into every passing relative. Clarissa was too chicken to get within 5 feet of another boat. That afternoon, we left and made the drive out to Grantsville for a family dinner with Jacob's family.



Sunday - Clarissa's family headed for home bright and early Sunday morning, and after Presidency Meeting, Clarissa and Jacob headed back up to Derek and Brandi's house for his family's last day here. It was his brother Jarrod's birthday and almost his nephew Dylan's birthday, so we had a small party for the two of them.



Shockingly, we've spent this week being sick.We all have colds and poor little Emily is so hoarse that we can hardly hear her. It's very sad when she tries to cry, but very funny when she's just trying to jabber. After lots of napping, we are feeling alright for the current moment, so we will hope that the worst of it is over.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Wow, what a crazy week! I'm glad you got to spend time with friends and family, but I'm sorry you've been sick. I was smiling about the Bountiful carnival because it's something I've actually attended. Wow, imagine that! :)