Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Second Grade

Today Emily got to go see what school is like, sort of. We went back to visit my second graders that I worked with earlier this year to let them meet her. They were sad that I left early and they had all requested that I bring her to visit. In fact, it was just about the first thing they asked me when I got there.

Amazingly, Emily slept through the whole thing. They all wanted to touch her hair and I thought that would wake her up for sure, since all the noise hadn't. But, she didn't even stir, which was alright with me. The kids were pretty cute. They asked me lots of questions about her and never quite grasped the fact that she's not old enough to do much. Some of my favorite questions were, "what is her favorite movie?" "what is her favorite toy?" and "what is her favorite food?". I was asked that last one multiple times. They really did not understand that she can't have anything but milk. I didn't even go into the fact that she can't have cow's milk. They were convinced that she could at least eat baby food and she had to like toys and books and movies.


It was good to know that they missed me. Hopefully that means that I was a good teacher in at least some way. It gives me hope for the future when I will have my own classroom.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I love the new pictures off to the side, as well as the bookshelf. Funny how the books you have are also some of my favorites... I've started reading The Host by Stephanie Meyer and so far it's really good. I promise that someday we'll come see little Emily!

Lauren said...

Well, I don't actually have the book. There's a 3 month wait at the library, and I'm definitely too cheap to buy it. That's what Borders is for. I went in the other day and read a third of the book in their comfy armchairs, and while they may not have loved the idea, no one told me to get out! I get my blog backgrounds at cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com. They're free, and you just follow the instructions on the blog. There's a ton of backgrounds, which is good for my short interest level, and I think it's pretty easy to apply. Then you can go in and change the font styles and colors as well as the page background color. To do that, you sign in and then click on customize at the top. Under there, there's a tab that says fonts and colors. Just let me know if you have questions!