Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Davis Family Campout

This year was the 50th anniversary of the Davis Family Camp out. How incredible is that?! I love my family so much and I love that we all work so hard to keep our traditions alive. Every year we still sing some of my Great Grandma's favorite songs. I never got to meet her, but I know she must have been a fun lady based on the kinds of songs she liked! We also get to hear from grandparents and great aunts and uncles every year. They tell us about their parents, their childhoods and their missions.

This year, Elder Ballard wrote our family a letter. It was super neat. He talked a lot about our family's legacy of missionary work, which truly is impressive.

I really do feel so blessed to be part of this family!

The other cool part about my family is that we are not a small group. There are over 900 descendants of my great-grandparents. This year there were over 600 of us at the camp out. We took a family picture, which is always a fun experience. I really don't think those bleachers are actually meant to hold that many people. 

Of course, we still did all the things we do every year at camp out!

Camping would not be complete without some whittling. Don't worry, only one person had to get stitches. (The one trying to chop wood with a machete.)


We also spent lots of time playing with our cousins and just hanging out!



This year we also got to have some friends visit! Dave, Amy and Madelyn came up for the day, which was awesome since they moved to Utah on us and now we never get to see them! It was fun to see them and share our family craziness with them!


No comments: