I know I haven't written anything on here in forever, but I haven't known what to write, nor have I had the time to do it. Since I last wrote, I have started my first year of teaching. I have heard that the only way to get through the first year of teaching is by drinking...some days I wish that were an option. It is definitely an overwhelming experience. Most days I feel woefully inadequate for the large task that has been placed before me.
I was thinking back to college the other day and remembered one time when a girl in my class said that she thought teaching elementary would be like teaching primary; someone would hand you a manual and you would just teach the information in it. Oh, how I wish.
What I really wanted to write about though, are the spots of sunshine in my life. I think I need to take the time to write down the things that make me smile!
1. Those moments at school when something clicks and a student says, "I get it now!"
2. Cookies, ice cream, cheese cake and all the other junk food I've been eating lately. (It's my replacement for drinking.)
3. My amazing husband who is so supportive of me and has really stepped up to help me around the house. I'm sure it's been an adjustment for him since I used to do almost all the housework, leaving the laundry and the occasional load of dishes for him. Now he does just as much, and often more, housework than I do. I had someone ask me the other day if my husband is supportive of me working and helpful around the house and with the kids. They said that was great because a lot of husband's expect their wives to do everything. I'm glad mine doesn't!
4. My kids!
Edward is getting so much personality lately. He walks around the house laughing at nothing. Today he kept hugging Emily and letting out random shrieks of joy. Hard on the ear drums, but really cute. He seriously loves to laugh, especially when someone laughs back. I tried to get a video and him and Jacob laughing at each other, but of course Edward got distracted by the camera and stopped.
Emily has acquired some new habits that are incredibly amusing. The first being, she seems to think she needs Disney characters to come help her. A few days ago I asked her to clean up her toys. She immediately said, "Can Oso come help me?" (from Special Agent Oso on Disney Channel). It was hard to explain that he's not real and she still doesn't get it. Then today, I asked her to put her blanket away and she told me that she needed Toodles to come help her (from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse). Again, I tried, but she doesn't understand.
Her other funny habit is asking us about her sister (no this is not an announcement or prediction of any kind). A little while ago, I was sorting through her clothes and boxing up everything that's too small. She kept asking me if she could wear the clothes and what I was doing with the clothes and if she could wear them again later, etc. So I told her that we were saving the clothes, so if she ever had a little sister then she could wear them. Yeah...Emily is all ready to share her clothes with her sister. Jacob was getting her in her pajama's tonight and mentioned that her pajamas were getting to small, so this would probably be her last time wearing them. She let him know that her sister would like those jammies. She also told me that her sister will like her bed after she gets a big girl bed. Thank you Emily. I may be in trouble if we have another boy next!
Sorry, no pictures for this post. I have failed at picture taking lately!
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment